Why should mugs be reserved for hot chocolate drinks when they can be so much more? At Laura's Gourmet, we believe you should bake in anything you want AND make a dessert that serves only one. Basically, you can have your OWN cake and eat it, too!
Dark Chocolate Crunch Mug Cake Recipe
By Chef Laura Briscoe
- 2 T (1 oz) unsalted butter (plant based ok)
- 2 T brown sugar or brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Crunch, Laura's Gourmet Granola
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place granola into a food processor and crush until fine. Set aside.
- Place butter into a microwave safe mug and melt on medium power for 45 seconds
- Add sugar and stir to combine
- Add crushed granola, protein powder, baking powder, salt, almond milk and vanilla extract and stir until well combined, smooth and lump free.
- Stir in all but 1 T of the chocolate chips. Top the batter with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, then hold for another minute. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying.