Originally posted on the Republic: https://www.azcentral.com/story/life/food/recipes/2014/09/02/locococonut-crusted-salmon-avocado-papaya-salsa/14829611/
LocoCocoNut-Crusted Salmon With Avocado-Papaya Salsa Recipe
By Chef Laura Briscoe
- 2 avocados, diced small
- 1 papaya, diced small
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly squeezed lime juice to taste
- 4 king or sockeye salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Coconut oil or coconut cooking spray, as needed
- 1 cup Laura's Gourmet Granola, LocoCocoNut Crunch flavor, coarsely ground
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- For the salsa: In a small bowl, combine avocado, papaya, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro or parsley. Season to taste with sea salt and lime juice.
- For the fish: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place salmon, skin-side down (if fish is not skinned), on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray or rub fish lightly with coconut oil. Top each piece of fish with granola. Press to adhere. Place fish in oven and cook about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Remove fish from oven.
- To serve: Place a small bed of arugula on each of four plates. Place fish over arugula. Spoon salsa over each piece of fish and serve immediately.